Lecture materials on IoT for tutors
If you are a teacher or a tutor, it is a good starting point to develop your own classical course at your university or professional school, prepare a short summer course for your K12 pupils and so on.
Generally, we suggest you base your course on the Introduction to the IoT coursebook’s content, but we provide even more!
Below is a ready set of DLP materials in downloadable PDF format to let you quickly prepare your content or use ours. The study material is organised into eight lectures. Note that content delivered via those files is a shortened starting point for your oral presentations for the audience. It won’t replace nor substitute the speaker itself.
We suggest about 15h (1-2ECTS) for the bachelor’s level module, using provided materials “as is”. Please note those materials do not cover the full scope of the IoT topics, as presented in the Introduction to the IoT book.
You can download the PDF files for lectures 1 through 8 (B.Sc. level), here:
- Lecture 1. Introduction to the IoT
- Lecture 2. Getting Familiar with Hardware – Development Boards
- Lecture 3. Getting Familiar with Hardware – Sensors
- Lecture 4. Getting Familiar with Hardware – Actuators and Outputs
- Lecture 5. Getting Familiar with Software – Introduction to the IoT programming
- Lecture 6. IoT Networking
- Lecture 7. Introduction to the IoT Security
- Lecture 8. Introduction to the User Interfaces and Natural Language Processing in IoT
Intellectual output disclaimer and copyright notice
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
This content was created by the IOT-OPEN.EU Consortium: 2016 – 2019 and 2022-2025.
The content is Copyrighted and distributed under CC BY-NC, free for Non-Commercial use.